ʿAjlūn - [ Syriac Not Available ]
"a hilly town in the north of present-day Jordan" 1
Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.
- 1 Emilie Savage-Smith, Simon Swain and G. J. H. van Gelder (eds.), A literary history of medicine: the 'Uyūn al-anbā' fī ṭabaqāt al-aṭibbā' of Ibn Abī Uṣaybi'ah (Leiden: Brill, 2020)., p: 460 (index), entry: 15.51.5, 15.60.1.
How to Cite This Entry
Nathan P. Gibson, “ʿAjlūn” in Communities of Knowledge: Interreligious Networks of Scholars in Ibn Abi Usaybiʿa’s History of the Physicians version 0.5.0-dev, last modified January 28, 2021, https://usaybia.net/place/13.Show full citation information...
Bibliography:Nathan P. Gibson, “ʿAjlūn.” In Communities of Knowledge: Interreligious Networks of Scholars in Ibn Abi Usaybiʿa’s History of the Physicians, edited by Nathan P. Gibson. Usaybia.net , 2019-. Version 0.5.0-dev. Entry published January 28, 2021. https://usaybia.net/place/13.
About this Entry
Entry Title: ʿAjlūn
Authorial and Editorial Responsibility:
- Nathan P. Gibson, general editor, Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich (Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München)
- Nathan P. Gibson, editor, Communities of Knowledge: Interreligious Networks of Scholars in Ibn Abi Usaybiʿa’s History of the Physicians
- Nathan P. Gibson, entry contributor, “ʿAjlūn”
- The orignal version of this record was adapted from the index entry in A Literary History of Medicine: The “Uyūn al-Anbā” Fī Ṭabaqāt al-Aṭibbā’ of Ibn Abī Uṣaybi’ah, 5 vols. (Leiden: Brill, 2020) by Emilie Savage-Smith Simon Swain G. J. H. van Gelder
- Conversion into tabular and TEI-XML formats, data mining, and proofing by Nathan P. Gibson
- Original data architecture of TEI place records for Srophé by David A. Michelson
- Original data architecture of TEI place records for Srophé by Thomas A. Carlson
- Srophé app design and development by Winona Salesky
Copyright and License for Reuse
Except otherwise noted, this page is © 2021.
Distributed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0) License.