ʿUmar ibn ʿAbd al-ʿAzīz
Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.
- 1 Emilie Savage-Smith, Simon Swain and G. J. H. van Gelder (eds.), A literary history of medicine: the 'Uyūn al-anbā' fī ṭabaqāt al-aṭibbā' of Ibn Abī Uṣaybi'ah (Leiden: Brill, 2020)., section: 7.1.5n; 7.4; 8.19.2.
How to Cite This Entry
Bibliography:Nathan P. Gibson, Vanessa Birkhahn, Fabio Ioppolo, Nadine Löhr, Robin Schmahl and Malinda Tolay, “ʿUmar ibn ʿAbd al-ʿAzīz.” In Communities of Knowledge: Interreligious Networks of Scholars in Ibn Abi Usaybiʿa’s History of the Physicians, edited by Nathan P. Gibson. Usaybia.net , 2019-. Version 0.5.0-dev. Entry published January 28, 2021. https://usaybia.net/person/2258.
About this Entry
Entry Title: ʿUmar ibn ʿAbd al-ʿAzīz
Authorial and Editorial Responsibility:
- Nathan P. Gibson, general editor, Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich (Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München)
- Nathan P. Gibson, editor, Communities of Knowledge: Interreligious Networks of Scholars in Ibn Abi Usaybiʿa’s History of the Physicians
- Vanessa Birkhahn, Fabio Ioppolo, Nadine Löhr, Robin Schmahl, Malinda Tolay, Nathan P. Gibson, Vanessa Birkhahn, Fabio Ioppolo, Nadine Löhr, Robin Schmahl, and Malinda Tolay, entry contributors, “ʿUmar ibn ʿAbd al-ʿAzīz”
- The orignal version of this record was adapted from the index entry in A Literary History of Medicine: The “Uyūn al-Anbā” Fī Ṭabaqāt al-Aṭibbā’ of Ibn Abī Uṣaybi’ah, 5 vols. (Leiden: Brill, 2020) by Emilie Savage-Smith Simon Swain G. J. H. van Gelder
- Conversion into tabular and TEI-XML formats, data mining, and proofing by Nathan P. Gibson
- Entity classification, bibliography editing, and occupational, affiliational, and gender descriptors by Vanessa Birkhahn
- English and Arabic name entry, matching with external records by Robin Schmahl
- Relational descriptors, English and Arabic name entry, matching with external records by Malinda Tolay
- Relational descriptors by Fabio Ioppolo
- Bibliography editing by Nadine Löhr
- Original data architecture of TEI person records for Srophé by David A. Michelson
- Srophé app design and development by Winona Salesky
Copyright and License for Reuse
Distributed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0) License.